[Samba] [samba] getent group [groupname] do not show users

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:36:46 UTC 2016

Hum, that's strange:

smbfs20:~# getent group Domain\ Users
domain users:x:3100035:

So no users displayed. smbfsXY are my test file servers, so members only.

Regarding usage of samba-tool on members for now it not possible as package
containing that tool is not installed on members. For now this stands as a
choice: samba-tool is very powerful and I'm not too fond to deploy on
machines which are not DC, where almost anyone can connect.

I expect a development choice for performance reasons to be the reason
"getent group [grpname]" does not show group's content. An option to
activate or deactivate that behavior would have great!

Cheers