[Samba] Logins differ for ip/DNS on ad dc

Maximilian Kirchner max.kirchner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 15:20:32 UTC 2016

Thanks a lot for your help so far. The main reason I do not use vms is that
the server is pretty limited in RAM so this would only be my last resort.
To prevent confusion: srv.wie (192.168.1.50) is the same machine as smb.wie
(192.168.1.55), I seperated them just now to debug the problem.

> These look like they are being run on the DC, what about from the
> windows clients ?

I did those via a linux client on the same network, here the results from
windows (:
C:\Users\kirchner.SMB>nslookup smb.wie
Server:  srv.wie
Address:  192.168.1.50
Name:    smb.wie
Address:  192.168.1.55
C:\Users\kirchner.SMB>nslookup _ldap._tcp.smb.wie
Server:  srv.wie
Address:  192.168.1.50
Name:    _ldap._tcp.smb.wie
C:\Users\kirchner.SMB>nslookup _kerberos._tcp.smb.wie
Server:  srv.wie
Address:  192.168.1.50
Name:    _kerberos._tcp.smb.wie

Can you post your bind9 conf files, there may be something relevant
> there.

named.conf:
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.options";
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.local";
include "/etc/bind/named.conf.default-zones";
include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";

named.conf.options:
options {
        directory "/var/cache/bind";
        forwarders {
                8.8.8.8;
                8.8.4.4;
        };
//========================================================================
        // If BIND logs error messages about the root key being expired,
        // you will need to update your keys.  See
https://www.isc.org/bind-keys
//========================================================================
        dnssec-validation auto;
        auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
        listen-on-v6 { any; };
        tkey-gssapi-keytab "/usr/local/samba/private/dns.keytab";
};

named.conf.local:
zone "wie." {
type master;
file "/etc/bind/zones/db.wie";
};
zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
type master;
file "/etc/bind/zones/db.1.168.192";
};

named.conf.default-zones:
// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
        type hint;
        file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};
// be authoritative for the localhost forward and reverse zones, and for
// broadcast zones as per RFC 1912
zone "localhost" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.local";
};
zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.127";
};
zone "0.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.0";
};
zone "255.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.255";
};

zones/db.wie:
$TTL 604800
@       IN      SOA  srv.wie. ns.wie. (
                                3      ; Serial
                                8H      ; Refresh
                                2H      ; Retry
                                4W      ; Expire
                                3H )    ; NX (TTL Negativ Cache)
; Nameservers
        IN      NS      srv.wie.
; name servers - A records
srv.wie.        IN      A       192.168.1.50
; Hostname records
router.wie.     IN      A       192.168.1.1
drucker.wie.    IN      A       192.168.1.25
drucker2.wie.   IN      A       192.168.1.26
wiesrv.wie.     IN      A       192.168.1.51
smb.wie.        IN      A       192.168.1.55

zones/db.1.168.192:
$TTL 2D
@       IN      SOA     srv.wie. ns.wie. (
                                        3      ; Serial