[Samba] Authentication problem

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 29 12:28:31 UTC 2016

On 29/06/16 12:48, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> Hai Rowland, his setup is ok.
>
> Im guessing this has todo with your dhcp options or resolvconf settings or dhcpclient settings or nsswitch.conf resolv order is changes.
> Or did you change /etc/hosts.conf to bind,hosts
>
> Its one of the above ;-)
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Cannot agree with you Louis, AD relies on DNS and as such, the net
command should be able to find the DC by dns.

My /etc/resolv.conf searches the domain and uses the DCs as nameservers,
all there is in /etc/hosts (apart from ipv6 lines) is

127.0.0.1    localhost

When I run the same command as the OP (just changing the domain) it
works for me. I would still be interested in seeing the info I last
asked for.

Rowland