[Samba] Samba AD member lost domain join after reboot

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Jun 7 10:57:37 UTC 2016

On 07/06/16 10:13, Alexis RIES wrote:
> Yes, the /etc/krb5.keytab file is created when the domain-join.
>
> I just noticed that it's not only after a reboot I have this problem.
> I lost the domain-join on my first SMB server, it has not been restarted.
>
> Note that I use Cluster Mode (CTDB), but the problem is the same when
> I remove the cluster configuration.
>
> Attached is the requested files.
>

> Thank you,
> Alexis.
>

> On 07/06/2016 09:43, Rowland penny wrote:
>> On 07/06/16 07:31, Alexis RIES wrote:
>>> Hi, here it attached my smb.conf and Winbind debug log after reboot.
>>> My OS is Debian Jessie and has a fixed ip.
>>>
>>> Thank you

>> OK, it should work, but can I suggest a few changes to your smb.conf:
>>
>> cat 'vfs objects = fileid' and 'vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit'
>> i.e. make it 'vfs objects = fileid acl_xattr full_audit'
>>
>> Remove all the 'valid users' etc and use ACLs instead, you can set
>> these from windows or with setfacl.
>>
>> add 'ldap server require strong auth = No'
>>
>> If you are actually using '.local' and avahi is running, I suggest
>> you turn it off.
>>
>> Can you post your /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hosts and /etc/krb5.conf
>>
>> Finally is /etc/krb5.keytab being created by the join ?
>>
>> Rowland

Everything looks ok, do you have all these packages installed:

libpam-winbind libnss-winbind libpam-krb5

What are the permissions on /etc/krb5.keytab

You could try adding this line to smb.conf:

username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping

Then create /etc/samba/samba_usermapping with this content:

!root = SAMDOM\Administrator SAMDOM\administrator

Obviously you can put the usermapping file anywhere and replace 'SAMDOM'
with your NetBIOS domain name.

Rowland