[Samba] Win10 to Samba as NT- PDC needs 3 settings

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 21 16:11:01 UTC 2016

Upgrading Win7-32 (connected to Samba as NT-PDC) to Win10 requires
- disable HardenedUncPaths (MutualAuth & Integrity)
- install NTVDM
- enable LegacyConsole
otherwise the logon-script in Netlogon does not run,
even if samba.cnf contains "server max level = NT1"

Is Samba as NT-PDC supposed to handle HardenedUncPaths?
Did I miss that I should have enabled that somehow in smb.conf?

Would Samba as AD-DC automatically work with HardenedUncPaths?

The web pages currently mention only NT1, none of the other three
requirements.