[Samba] Option configure

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jul 9 16:10:33 UTC 2016

On 09/07/16 16:56, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 09.07.2016 um 17:19 schrieb Rowland penny:
>> On 09/07/16 10:27, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
>>> What is different afterwards when using with/without? Does it create a
>>> systemd service file?
>>>
>> Do not know about '--with-systemd', but there are no (horrible) systemd
>> components if you use '--without-systemd'
>
> there is nothing horrible in a systemd service-unit

You have your opinion and I have mine and my opinion (for what it is
worth) is that systemd is something that is looking for a problem that
doesn't really exist and then fixing the problem in a totally insane
way. If systemd was just another init system and was easy to change then
I wouldn't mind, but it keeps gobbling up things that have nothing to do
with an init system and is becoming extremely hard to remove.

As far as I am concerned, this ends this conversation, you have my
opinion and nothing will change it, so don't bother trying.

Rowland