[Samba] Connect Samba 4.3 to an existing Kerberos server

Stefan Just just at tu-harburg.de
Tue Dec 13 12:56:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

I want to connect Samba 4.3 to an existing Kerberos server. So that the
users who already exist in Kerberos can log on to the Windows clients of
our Samba server.
In the documentation of Windows Server I found the following:

"You can establish a realm trust between any non-Windows Kerberos
version 5 (V5) realm and an Active Directory domain."

I have already set up an AD DC. But I had no success to join our MIT
Kerberos.

Is this possible with Samba and if so, how is it done?