[Samba] Samba 4 ad client not syncing time

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Mon Aug 1 18:06:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016, Dante F. B. Colò wrote:

> I've deployed Samba 4.0.26 using Sernet binary packages and running on
> active directory mode , everything works fine except that client
> machines don't sync time with server , ntp_signd is enabled in smb.conf
> , Ntpd is installed and running , is there anyway to debug this
> functionality on Samba ?

Did you also enable signed sockset support in ntp.conf?

ntpsigndsocket /var/lib/samba/ntp_signd/

I note that's a rather old version of Samba.  What version of ntpd are you
running?  If it's too old (<4.2.6), it might not even have signing
support.  Also if you are using distro packages, you may want to download
the source package and make sure it was compiled with signing support.  I
know at least some older 4.2.6 distro packages on RHEL/CentOS 6 were not
(though the current ones are).