[Samba] file rights tls key files.

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Fri Apr 15 14:06:32 UTC 2016

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, Rowland penny wrote:

> couldn't you just store the certificate in two places, point Samba at one
> with the '0600' rights and everything else at the other with '0440' rights ?

I initially tried to make the files symlinks to my server certs in
/etc/pki/tls, but samba didn't like it (I forget if it didn't like the
file permissions, or the files being symlinks), so I ended up doing what
Roland suggests.  Slightly annoying to have to manage an extra set of key
files in a special location just for Samba, but not the end of the world.