[Samba] issues with Samba version 4.2.10

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Thu Apr 14 10:17:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-04-13 at 22:22 +0000, Tom Ryan wrote:
> All,
>
> We were running samba4-4.0.0-68.el6_7.rc4.x86_64 on our CentOS 6 box
> serving printers and joined to our domain. No issues whatsoever and
> quite happy.
>
> We upgraded to samba4-4.2.10-6.el6_7.x86_64 and have had ongoing
> issues since it was installed.
>
> Everything runs along just fine for a while (an hour or so) and then
> our logs start filling with
>

> [2016/04/13 17:51:21.635283,  0]
> ../source3/auth/auth_domain.c:265(domain_client_validate)
>
>   domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available.

> Run winbindd.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get spend more time with the logs last night and it appears that when it started querying our secondary DC, was when it failed. Event logs on that box (both ADS are Win 2012) showed no errors (just successes). I added a quick iptables rule to block that IP from samba to force our primary only and it did not fail through the night. I have enabled winbindd (something that we had previously not ran) and have unblocked the IP for now to see what happens.

Thanks very much for your reply Andrew.

Tom