[Samba] Getting rIDNextRID errors after upgrading two samba ADs to 4.2

Johannes Amorosa | Celluloid VFX johannesa at celluloid-vfx.com
Fri Apr 8 06:36:12 UTC 2016

We finally managed to upgrade from samba 4.1  to 4.2.9 (sernet
packages). We have two replicated samba ADs. After the upgrade
everything seems to
work as expected, but I'm constantly getting this error message in the
logs. They weren't there before the upgrade:

We used the Updating samba wiki entry as howto[1]

The first dc logs this:
Failed extended allocation RID pool operation - Failed to modify RID Set
object CN=RID Set,CN=CELL-DC-03,OU=Domain
Controllers,DC=celluloidvfx,DC=inc - objectclass_attrs: at least one
mandatory attribute ('rIDNextRID') on entry 'CN=RID
Set,CN=CELL-DC-03,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=celluloidvfx,DC=inc' wasn't
speci#020#001

The second one this:
cell-dc-03 samba[1481]:   ../source4/dsdb/repl/drepl_ridalloc.c:43: RID
Manager failed RID allocation - WERR_DS_DRA_INTERNAL_ERROR -
extended_ret[0x0

Is this something to be worried about?
Thank you for your time.

[1] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Updating_Samba