[Samba] Updating from 4.1 + CTDB to 4.2/CTDB?

Smith, Jarrod A jarrod.smith at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Apr 7 20:09:54 UTC 2016

Dear list,

We are about to upgrade to Samba 4.2.9 from sernet-samba 4.1.6 + CTDB 1.0.114.7 running on top of GPFS.  My understanding is that as of 4.2, CTDB is now part of Samba.  So does this mean we need to uninstall all of our sernet-samba and ctdb RPMs (we are on CentOS 6), then install the sernet-samba 4.2.9 rpms and reconfigure everything for CTDB?  For those who have done this, how different does CTDB look in the samba 4.2 tree, vs. the older, separate packages?  I assume GPFS support is built-in with the sernet packages?

Any advice appreciated - trying to get this knocked out before April 12...

Many thanks,

Jarrod Smith
Vanderbilt University