[Samba] Office 365, Windows 10 and Samba AD

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Apr 7 14:45:09 UTC 2016

Am 07.04.2016 um 16:34 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:

>> What does that mean? That the users and the group don't exist in
>> /etc/passwd and /etc/group on the new server? I realize I could try
>> as I
>> write this ... no, does not change a thing.
>
> That is what it means.  The upgrade needs that NSS data to import the
> information into the AD database.

I had added the problematic group to /etc/group and re-ran samba-tool
(after deleting the generated files/tdbs), same error again.

I will retry that later in my test setup ...

copying over the lines from the old samba-server might help, maybe with
a little editing?

>> b) I want to change the stupid workgroup-name from OFFICE to
>> something
>> useful ... I assume that's problematic as the clients would have to
>> be
>> rejoined then?
>
> Sadly yes.

ok, cosmetics. Not really important.