[Samba] Automated printer driver installation

Cengiz Ulku cengizu at bluewin.ch
Thu Jun 3 08:46:26 GMT 2004

Hi All!

I'm using Samba 3.0.2a (on Debian). I did a pdf printer with Ghostscript and
shared with samba, so the users of Windows can use this pdf printer to print
from whatever application and convert it to pdf directly. It works but,
first time users have to manually configure a printer and install drivers.

I'd like to automate this procedure by installing the appropriate drivers to
the samba server and let the windows machines (2K or XP) to look for and
install them. As far as I understood, previous versions of Samba (2.x) had
an utility called make_printerdef which permitted to do what I want. What is
the procedure with Samba 3.x? Any links or references will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
--
Cengiz Ulku
cengizu at bluewin.ch