[Samba] has anyone been able to migrate from NT PDC to samba without losing SIDs?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Aug 28 16:32:54 GMT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Micha Niskin wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I was just wondering if anyone has actually succeeded in transferring
> all SIDs from an NT PDC to a samba PDC. Thanks!

Yes. And I am the one who has written the chapter on migration that is in
the HOWTO. But note that Samba-3 has changed a lot since that chapter was
written. I will update the document before Samba-3 ships.

Additionally, we will validate that it works before shipping 3.0.0.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org