[Samba] Question on Samba 2.2.1a

Thomas Reiß thomas at mypoint.franken.de
Mon Aug 25 19:30:24 GMT 2003

Hallo Jurzitza, Dieter, am Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 09:24:59AM +0200 hast du folgendes geschrieben:

> we have a medium size network (~50 people) using samba for mainly fileserver
> purposes on a Sparc linux (SuSE linux 7.3, kernel 2.4.20) system.
> Every other time people face difficulties when copying files from the Novell
> or Windows network onto the samba shares. Let's say you want to copy a file
> called "dummy.doc" onto the samba drive. Then a file with that name is
> created at the target location, having 0 bytes. Then you are told (i. e. by
> explorer) that the file already exists (even though it did not before) and
> you are asked whether or not you would like to overwrite. If you say yes
> (overwrite), an errormessage appears that says that the file cannot be
[...]
Sorry for late response,

but i had have exact the same Problem with a Debian Woody Samba Version.

After Update to the latest Release of Samba from Samba.org the Problem
is still go away !

So take a look to the latest Version of Samba.

Greetings
Thomas