[Samba] 3.0RC1 + LDAP: Moving Name of Domain

Ralph Angenendt ra at br-online.de
Thu Aug 21 11:29:38 GMT 2003

Hi,

after setting up a new samba server which will become our PDC for the
2000/XP workstations in our office, I now need to migrate the server to
a new domainname, as I used some "testname" while setting up and testing
stuff.

Is it sufficient to change the domain name in smb.conf *AND* changing it
in dn=sambaDomainName? Or are there some other traps I should be aware
of (finding the domain name in gencache.tdb for example)?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph