[Samba] C'mon guys. Get some virus protection.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Aug 20 23:05:06 GMT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Damian Gerow wrote:

> Thus spake Jim C (jcllings at tsunamicomm.net) [20/08/03 18:10]:
> > Also, is it not true that Samba has some virus protection built in?
>
> /Is/ this true?  I'd love to be able to plug in a virus scanner that scans

Samba itself does NOT have virus protection built in. There are VFS
modules for Samba that do allow this to happen. SuSE ship their Samba
packages complete with VScan driver support. Suggest you check with SuSE.

> everything as it is written to/read from a share, but I haven't ever seen or
> heard of anything like this.

Yes, that's what the VFS Samba module allows a virus scanner to do.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org