[Samba] Simple question on Wins...

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Fri Aug 15 19:05:18 GMT 2003

Just something I thought about today really.
Since I am running samba 2.2.8a as a PDC on my network and all of my
workstations for my clients are Windows 2000 Pro, would it be better to set
up the PDC to run as a wins server? wins server = yes

I was just curious because I found some documentation on the wins server
option, but for the most part, it was glossed over with real no
explanation. Granted, I know what wins purpose is, but would like to find
out more about better implementation in my network..

Thanks.

Jason