[Samba] Re: Access denied when printing to Samba printers

Ben Finney benfinney at thegoodguys.com.au
Thu Aug 14 02:59:26 GMT 2003

Ben Finney wrote:
> The Win2000 client, when attempting to print a test page to the printer,
> immediately responds with "Access denied" and an offer to lead me
> through the printer troubleshooting help.

Some other points that may be relevant:

At one point I was using "security = ads" in an attempt to get things
working; however, the (brief) success was had with "security =
domain".  I'm still seeing krb5 messages though; is it possible to
authenticate against a Win2000 Active Directory domain, in "mixed"
mode, without using kerberos?

I'm using winbindd via PAM, and set up /etc/pam.d/login and
/etc/pam.d/samba such that authentication appears to be working.  I'm
happy to be told that this may be affecting it, if only someone can
help me diagnose it.

--
Ben Finney  <benfinney at thegoodguys.com.au>
IT Technical Support Officer