[Samba] smb.log v/s nmb.log

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Wed Aug 13 20:41:04 GMT 2003

Hi Jason,

The "log file" parameter is just the name of the file. At the end you will
have the same log, don´t matter what is the file name.

To log who logged in the Domain you can do ./configure --with-utmp in the
compile time and add these lines to your smb.con:

utmp = Yes
utmp dir = /var/log

And it will create the files:

/var/log/utmpx -> this file with who is logged
/var/log/wtmpx -> this file with who ever logged.

I this very usefull.

Hope it helps.

Bruno Pereti.