[Samba] samba pdc w/2nd samba file server fails

Daryl Williams daryl at sierraos.com
Mon Aug 11 17:44:07 GMT 2003

folks,

we have a samba pdc that is working well. we added a second
samba file server as a member of this domain, but when trying
to access the file server from a windows client we get the following
error message on the windows client:

incorrect password or username unknown

and on the samba server, in the client-host's log:

> [2003/08/11 10:30:02, 0] smbd/password.c:domain_client_validate(1549)
>   domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for
> domain CAI

the smb.conf file looks like this:

   security = domain
   password server = moe
   encrypt passwords = yes
   guest account = nobody
   local master = no
   domain master = no
   preferred master = no
   workgroup = CAI
   hosts allow = 192.168.100.

i am unable to find how to setup a trust relationship between
these 2 samba servers. is this possible, or do i have to use a
local smbpasswd file? your help is appreciated...

thanks,

daryl