[Samba] What kind of performance can I expect on this setup...

jonlists jonlists at cbsol.com
Mon Aug 11 14:01:38 GMT 2003

Not to be rude, and I'm fairly new at this, but I've pretty much noticed
that you're not going to get answers without answering specific questions.

You have a nice, hefty server. You have plenty of RAM. I have 20 people
using file sharing on much less stellar stuff than this without
performance issues. The server I have is also running a "gob" of other
processes, i.e., DNS, DHCP, Lotus Domino, PPP server.

Jon Johnston
Creative Business Solutions
IBM, Lotus, Microsoft Consultants
http://www.cbsol.com