[Samba] Samba + Linux ext3/FS + As/400 + Quotas

Nicolas Silvestre nicolas.silvestre at aliacom.fr
Mon Aug 4 14:54:43 GMT 2003

Hi,
Thank you for your help. You're right for the version : it's 2.2.3.
I checked on the ftp server of SuSE the compile options used to build the
binaries. "--with-quotas" is mentionned. So, it's strange.
The last chance to go further is to compile Samba on the AS/400 but I'm not
close to it for one month.

The next part of your mail deals about the strange behaviour of quotas. I also
made tests on Samba 2.2.8/SuSE Linux 8.1 professional/Client NT4.
I got file truncation, and also differents displays between Linux and WinNT4 due
to "copy on write" mode on WinNT4 I suppose

Nicolas Silvestre

--
  nicolas.silvestre at aliacom.fr    www.aliacom.fr
  Toulouse : 05 62 19 24 91