Samba 1.9.18p7 with Win95/NT...

The Hermit Hacker scrappy at hub.org
Wed Jun 10 13:31:22 GMT 1998

Hi...

	I've gone through the DIAGNOSIS.txt document, and just about
everything else I can think of, and am lost...

	I've installed Samba on one of my Sparc's here at the office, and
am trying to connect to it from a Win95 machine, and it fails.  If I try
to use smbclient from a different Unix host, it connects fine.

	If we look at a Win/NT machine, the Sparc server comes up on the
browse list, but we can't see any of the shares.

	In Test 5, it talks about using nmblookup -B ACLIENT '*' to check
things out, and it can find the Win/NT machine, but it can't the Win95...

	The server itself is on subnet 96, the Unix host I can talk to is
on subnet 2, the Win/NT server is on subnet 137, and the Win95 is on
subnet 32 (we have a B class)...

	Since the Win/NT Browser sees the Unix host, and since I can
connect from the Unix host, and since I'm not doing anything fancy (yet)
in my smb.conf file, I'm at a loss as to what to look at now :(

	Anyone able to give some direction on what I'm overlooking?

Thanks...