nmblookup

Scott D. Webster swebster at carroll.com
Wed Dec 16 16:21:33 GMT 1998

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Tajthy Tamas wrote:

[ run against NT]
> [/export/home/ego/samba/bin]@ ./nmblookup -r -S -U 200.200.100.200 '*'
> Unknown parameter encountered: "domain controller"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "domain controller"

<SNIP>

> (I don't know why I got these "domain controller" errors, but it is not so
> important)

<SNIP>

[ run w/ increased debug level ]

> [/export/home/ego/samba/bin]@ ./nmblookup -d9 -r -S -U 200.200.100.10 '*'
> Initialising global parameters

<SNIP>

> Unknown parameter encountered: "domain controller"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "domain controller"

	What version of smbd & nmblookup are you running?  It looks like
your version doesn't grok the "domain controller" parameter.  Could it be
that you've got an old version of nmblookup somewhere in your path?  Try
"whereis nmblookup" and/or "whence nmblookup".

Scott D. Webster                              swebster at carroll.com
Etc Services                                   Voice: 201.385.7113
Linux, Unix, & TCP/IP Network Consulting       Pager: 800.379.2402