SAMBA share access problem report (Dymaxion 17=17275)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Thu Oct 28 13:02:54 GMT 2004

In article <CF0913E9C3D53D4E94DE47FDE25C633D054CE128 at hermes.cofiroute.com>,
  COLLOT Jean-Yves <jean-yves.collot at cofiroute.fr> writes:
> Now that I know that the problem appears only when the McAfee antivirus is
> there, I could fix it.
>
> I am sending a corrected version of the OBJ files directly to Rod, a "DIFF"
> of the sources directly to John, and I'll include the fix in the next
> release.

Thanks.

Note that the .st_nlink field with OpenVMS 8.2 now has valid data, and
may now or in the future have link counts greater than 1.  I do not know if
any of this will show up in ECO kits for earlier versions.

I also do not know as I have not checked the source or done tests to see
if older versions of OpenVMS have valid data.

Before setting the link count to 1, I would recommend testing first to see
if it is zero.

Support for symbolic links is being phased in, and some parts of it are
already present.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net