Problem with VMS_SUPPORT.C

B. Z. Lederman lederman at Encompasserve.org
Wed Mar 26 20:19:25 GMT 2003

  In case it wasn't clear, I'm still seeing erros after changing
 the call to what I posted in my first message: sys$getdviw and
 the correct addressing mode.

    The error message passed back says it's trying to do a GETDVI
 with a "device" name that in fact contains a file specification
 string.  It should be just a device name without any file or
 directory information.  This has absolutely nothing to do with
 logical names.  A GETDVI call has to be fed a device name only.
 The code clearly indicates that it's being fed a file
 specification.

    I don't see how this call could ever have worked properly.