Samba v2.2.8

COLLOT Jean-Yves Jean-Yves.COLLOT at cofiroute.fr
Tue Apr 15 16:54:09 GMT 2003

> 'smbstatus' now displays all client ip adresses as (0.0.0.0) when it
> used to display the clients 'real' ip address.

That is true. It will be corrected in the next release. Sorry.

> Users who connect with non priveleged VMS uids ALL get refused. The
> log files show the same for all these users...

I can't reproduce that behaviour here (one of my test users just has the
standard NETMBX/TMPMBX privileges, and it works OK).
When does that happen ? Is it immediately when you try to open a share, or
is it later, and if it is, when ?
Could you please send me the SMBD_STARTUP.LOG file which is on the default
directory of the SMBD user defined in TCPIP (probably SYS$MANAGER). That
file should contain the traceback of the failing SMBD process, so I can
study it.
Could you please send me your SMB.CONF file too, just in case.