SAMBA_VMS_2_0_6

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Jun 28 01:02:13 GMT 2002

rbriggs at globe.company wrote:

 > Hello All:
 > I would like to know if anyone else has had the problems
 > I am experiencing trying to build SAMBA_VMS_2_0_6.
<snip>
 > Every command procedure I have looked at has as record format of
 > Stream_LF instead of the normal Variable length.

 From the description, it looks like the files were not unzipped on an
OpenVMS system, and then transfered to the openvms system.

To preserve file attributes, the files need to be unzipped on an OpenVMS
system.

An UNZIP program is on the same Freeware 5.0 CD-ROM as the SAMBA
distribution.

Good luck.

There is an updated FAQ for Samba VMS that can be looked up at
http://encompasserve.org or http://www.google.com

  [wrapped URL] http://eisner.encompasserve.org/htbin/
dnqindexform?TEXT=R30328472-30368736-dra4%3A%5Bdecuserve_extracts%5Dvms.full%3B415

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network