Help on debugging smbd daemon with GDB

meow at computer.org meow at computer.org
Fri May 30 00:53:12 GMT 2003

         The GDB version I used is 5.3. That's the latest stable version I
could get from the GDB web site. So, all I can do now is report this bug
to them.

        But then, how do samba developers debugs samba ?
        Do they just reading log file generated from DEBUG() and using
strace ?

        Somehow, I think this approach would be difficult & take a long
time to debug Samba for a newbie like me ....

Regards,
Yen

Jay Fenlason <fenlason at redhat.com>
30/05/2003 01:26