Experimental read cache patches, part 4 of 4

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Thu May 29 23:47:01 GMT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 04:44:29PM -0400, David Collier-Brown -- Customer Engineering wrote:

> jra at dp.samba.org wrote:
> >b). Send patches as *attachments*, not as inline code. This
> >preserves all line boundaries etc.
>
> 	Oh RATS!  I was carefully pasting them in as message text
> 	to keep the list processor from removing them.

Just for the record, for the samba-technical list, the only attachments
disallowed are text/html (shh! don't tell any spammers).  For most of
the other lists you are only allowed to send multipart/{mixed,alt,signed}
application/pgp-signature and text/plain.

Wow - I can't believe there is a mail client that modifies attachment
data.  That's just wrong.

Tim.