error in 3.24 with ldap

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Tue May 20 10:32:48 GMT 2003

Alex Murphy wrote:
> Please help me
>
> im install samba 3.24 with ldap support:

All ldap stuff has been changed.

For 2.x ldap schema (compat mode), the passwd backend should be like:
	passdb backend = ldapsam_compat:ldap://bilbo.cti.unav.es/

For new schema (that also allows idmap et al), the should be:
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://bilbo.cti.unav.es/
For idmap (non unix accounts and so) you need provide some extra
parameters (uid, gid sets, etc.), documented in the smb.conf man page
(in the HEAD?).

For me, the alpha24 and ldap (old and new schema, with ldapsam_compat
and ldapsam) runs well with NT ws; I have a trouble with XP logons
"odities" but the shares works from XP ws.

Please, read the samba howto colection... the HEAD may be a bit more
updated.
I'm fixing http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/smb-ldap-3-howto.html

Your question about:
> idmap only = yes
> idmap uid = 10000-20000
> idmap gid = 10000-20000

I think the Samba Howto collection is being fixed.

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              icoupeau at alumni.unav.es
University of Navarra      icoupeau at ieee.org