AIX 5.2 / 2.2.8a / 64 Bit

Heinrich Mislik Heinrich.Mislik at univie.ac.at
Tue May 13 09:18:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

I tried to build Samba 2.2.8a with 64 Bit in AIX 5.2 using

CC=cc CFLAGS=-q64 ./configure

cc is IBMs vac.C 5.0.2.0.

The resulting binaries where completly useless and did only cord dump.

The reason is, that configure defines -D_LINUX_SOURCE_COMPAT. I
couldn't find anything, what this option is good for, but in
combination with -q64 it breaks malloc by truncating the pointers to
32 bit. After rebuilding with

CC=cc CFLAGS='-q64 -U_LINUX_SOURCE_COMPAT' ./configure

It seems to work.

Any hints, why -D_LINUX_SOURCE_COMPAT is used?
Comment in configure.in says "## for funky AIX compiler using
strncpy()"
but I couldn't figure out, what that means.

Thanks

Heinrich Mislik

--
Heinrich Mislik
Zentraler Informatikdienst der Universitaet Wien