Bug in mod_ntlm_winbind with samba 2.2.5

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 21 22:01:01 GMT 2003

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 02:54:15PM +0100, Georg.Weber at infineon.com wrote:
> I have downloaded mod_ntlm_winbind "somwhere" from the samba-site.
> Seems that it is not maintained (any more).
> Does anyone know of an alternative module for mod_ntlm_winbind that works ?
> If not, I'd like to maintain this module (What do I have to do ?)

mod_ntlm_winbind needs to be replaced with a wrapper around the ntlm_auth
component of Samba HEAD (soon to be merged to 3.0).  This will provide a
long-term, stabe interface to NTLMSSP and NT domain authenticaion, even as
samba's internal interfaces change.

See utils/ntlm_auth.c in Samba HEAD for what we have at the moment - currently
it is designed to support Squid, but I'm working with thm on slightly adjusting
the 'helper protocol'.