Directory permission and Win2K

Kid Mun Yap kmyap at ackyon.com
Sat Jun 29 01:16:01 GMT 2002

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this but I have a question that after
searching for 2 days (FAQ, search engines, etc. etc.) I couldn't find the
answer to.

The question is, when I view directory permission with the Windows 2000 file
properties -> security tab, I don't see any permissions set, I can click on the
items and it will set/unset things, but I still don't see any ticks after I hit
apply. If I do the same on files and not directories it looks alright and behaves
as expected.

I read somewhere that Win2K does a lot of funny things with directory ACLs,
is this one of the behaviour? All I need to know is if this is normal for Win2K
on a samba share at the moment.

Regards,
Kid Mun