Samba Shares on win nt

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Jun 28 10:23:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Joe Reichmuth wrote:

> Hi
> 	I have a Linux system that I have installed samba on and when I brouse to it
> on a windows nt machine it says linuxMachine not avaible the network path was
> not found and I have been over the configuration many times with a samba
> manual and I still can not make it work do you have any suggestions

Network path not found typically means:

1. Can't connect to the Samba server. Have you checked with ping, telnet
etc?

2. The NetBIOS name can't be translated. Have you checked with nmblookup
to see if the name is in WINS/etc?

3. There are authentication problems.

4. The share does not exist.

5. The share exists, but the path it points to does not exist, or you do
not have access to the path that the share points to.

Take your pick.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,