Samba VFS Module and Crashes

Kevin Wheatley hxpro at cinesite.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 04:10:02 GMT 2002

William234 at aol.com wrote:
> Is there something better to use then safe_strcat()?  Possibly
> safe_sprintf()?

Hi,

couple of suggestions:

You've got 256 chars allocated but your filling it with somewhere near
60 chars of constant text + username + date + time (8) + path, etc,
all it would take is a reasonably long path and your going to run into
problems with truncation.

What's the %F formatter do ? IRIX doesn't have that documented in
strftime()
also should the sizeof()'s be -1 to ensure you don't overrun ?

Also I notice your null terminating your last safe_strcat twice.

I would have thought using strnprintf() would be better overall
anyway.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley         | These are the opinions of |
| No Title No Department | nobody and are not shared |