Very bad performance when copying large files from windows to samba-share

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Mon Jun 24 08:49:04 GMT 2002

The protocol appears to be operating correctly in the
"gettingafilefromamigaatawin2" capture. The slowdown is the large time gaps
between the receiving end (192.168.1.10) sending an acknowledgement, and the
sending end (192.168.1.120) sending the next data packet. The gaps at that
point appear to frequently be as much as two seconds. It looks like the
sender is busy doing something other than sending. Strangely, this seems to
occur most often near the end of the transmission of a 64K chunk. This pause
is absent during the transmission of the last chunk. I wonder if the sender
is busy in the middle of the transfer with queuing up the next chunk. Slow
disk access?