Proposed utf8 ldap patch...

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Sun Jun 23 10:36:01 GMT 2002

Ok, before I check anything in, I'd like to hear any objections, comments,
complaints, insults, and the like.

I've based it loosely on Juergen Hasch's work, but I tried to make it more
integral to the standard ads_* API's.  I also cleaned up some of the
ads_mod_* functions.  Hopefully it's discerning when to convert and when
not to....let me know what works.  My prelinary trials seem to work, though
"unix charset" and "display charset" need to be set to something that works
for you...

And if anyone knows how to get some of these characters (accented vowels,
for example) input in bash, please let me know.  I haven't been able to do
"net user add testuser --comment=snööpy", for example.

(See attached file: utf8.diff.gz)

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center