Modifying winbind to work over TCP socket - questions

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Thu Jun 20 15:35:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 20:18, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Nir Soffer wrote:
>

> > Hello!
> >
> > I want to get winbind to work over TCP sockets instead of a UNIX domain
> > socket (so I could run winbindd on one machine and avoid running it on
> > several machines in a cluster).
>
> Hmmm, you know that security info goes over this connection ...

It may be wiase to use an authenticated SSL tunnel for that connection
with x509 certificates, stunnel is really handy for this kind of things.

But a problem could also be speed in some situations.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399