Looking for a working copy of the samba source code

Charles Davis cdavis21 at houston.rr.com
Sun Jun 16 22:30:02 GMT 2002

I've been unable to find a copy of the samba source code that I can compile.
The configure scripts have failed and I'm unable to run make.  I've had this
problem on Solaris 8/ 2-02 and Solaris 9.  I've attempted to download the
binaries, but the packages do not install correctly on Solaris 9.  Do you
have a tarball of the source available for download?  I'd prefer to compile
this on Solaris 9 if at all possible since we are in the process of testing
our environment and sharity/samba is a very important piece of the puzzle.
Sharity has worked perfectly in a Solaris 9 environment and other releases of
samba have worked well in the past.  The problems began with the latest
release.  Thanks in advance.
--
Charles Davis