Samba 2.2.4 printer properties

Steven J Mackenzie sjm at activenavigation.com
Fri Jun 14 07:02:04 GMT 2002

> I'm using Samba 2.2.4 on Solaris/intel as PDC with WinNT Clients.
>
> When I try to display the printer properties or to install a new driver,
> then sometimes the whole AddPrinterWizard is greyed out. When I wait for
> some time, then the AddPrinterWizard is useable again. The previous 2.2.1a
> did have this feature (but others).

I've had printing problems with 2.2.3a and 2.2.4. I'm currently happy on the
"release candidate" 2.2.5 source. I'd recommend giving that a test.

After tracking problems, I found that returning to "log level = 1" speeded
up my printer response time.

Otherwise, search the samba technical archives for various printing issues
with the different MS clients .... and recent Sambas.

Steven