VFS - fsp->prev - Is this usable? ( first write issue to a file)

Rainer Link link at foo.fh-furtwangen.de
Tue Jun 11 02:39:02 GMT 2002

> Everytime I use this the VFS object crashes.
>
> Even if I check for NULL first...
>
> I would to use this to see if the fsp call was for the same filename
> fsp->prev->fsp_name
>
> is this right?

Not sure if I got your point. Anyway, I had once the situation
fsp->fsp_name was always NULL. As my kernel supports LFS, Samba was
compiled with LFS, too. Therefore, my module has to be compiled with
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and since then
fsp->fsp_name actually contains the file name.

HTH

best regards,
Rainer Link

--