- - - H E L P - - - Record Locking with Windows 98

Anjaneya Sastry sastry_ka at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 02:16:02 GMT 2002

Hello Everybody,
  We have our data files in Solaris server and we are
accessing the same files from windows using samba and
also from unix. Record locking is taken care by
mentioning strict locking = yes, oplocks = no. With
this only either window user or unix user is able to
access a record at a time. This is working very
nicely.
  Now incase windows client fails due to any reason
the records which are locked are remaining locked.
This could be released only after deleting the file.

Has anybody experienced this problem ?

Thanks
K.A.Sastry