Update on 2.2.5 release [was Re: Buglist to fix before 2.2.5]

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Sun Jun 2 15:34:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > > * 64-bit compile errors on Solaris (reported by Eric Boehm)

mostly fixed....

> > > * wildcard bugs on Solaris (reported by Derek Holden)
> > * confirm/deny explorer delete bug (reported by Bill Lacy)
> > * confirm/deny timestamp issues when copying to a
> >   Samba share
> * configure --ldapsam on Solaris 8
> * a few unapplied recycle bin patches including updating
>   RedHat spec files to build this module by default

TODO

> * Jeremy's continued oplock investigation

Completed.

> * libnss_wins.so bug report

Fixed.

I'm planning on a 2.2.5 release on Friday.  I don't see
any showstoppers on the horizon at the moment.  This is planned
to be the last 2.2.x release and the branch will move into
"bug fix only" mode.  Keep your fingers crossed.
All testing is appreciated. :-)  Hint Hint....

Andrew Esh, I've still got your bug report I'm working on
as well.

cheers, jerry