guest account enabling

Pradeepa Venkatswamy pradeepa.venkatswamy at wipro.com
Mon Jan 21 05:39:11 GMT 2002

Hi,

	To enable guest account in smb.conf I have set the parameters "map to guest
= Bad User" in global section and "guest account = guest" in specified
service section.But this is not working.When I do map drive the default
guest account "nobody" is always taken into account.In the code
GUEST_ACCOUNT is defined to nobody and in function "reply_sesssetup_and_X"
,the lp_guestaccount(-1) returns this default value........I am not clear on
this.why guest account specified in smb.conf is not used??how to enable
guest account??

Regards,
V.Pradeepa.