RPC_S_PROCNUM_OUT_OF_RANGE

Torsten Curdt tcurdt at dff.st
Sat Jan 19 06:41:05 GMT 2002

Please don't slap me in the face because I am asking something
that might easily be solved by installing a newer version of samba.
But we are still running an old samba 2.2alpha0 cvs version in production
environment (hurray to the brave;) and I cannot just upgrade.

I have a fresh re-installed W2k machine and want it to join the
our domain. Unfortunately I get an error when trying to:

 1745L RPC_S_PROCNUM_OUT_OF_RANGE
 "Die Prozeduranzahl liegt auerhalb des erlaubten Bereichs"

What might be the explanation for this behaviour and how
could I solve this?

I have searched the archieves and found a posting with a similar
problem:

 see http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-ntdom/2001-February/051294.html

I tried to remove the accounts (smbpasswd+/etc/passwd) and create
a new one, restarting etc. but this did not help.

Is it possible that an installation of the service pack (and/or some
bug fixes) before joining the domain might cause this problem?

 see http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-ntdom/2001-February/051275.html

The problem child is a W2k 5.00.2195 machine with SP2 and some bug fixes
applied.

Any help appreciated
--
Torsten