Call for final changes for 2.2.3.

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Sat Jan 19 02:26:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:16:08AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>         I think 2.2.3 is just about "done". So if there's something that
> you *really* need that's not in it, now is the time to shout. Otherwise
> we're going to spend the next few weeks regression testing and fixing
> up all the packaging systems.
>
> Bear in mind that any request will delay 2.2.3 by a bit (depending on
> how big it is).
>
> Speak now or......  :-).
1. Non-closed TDB for winbindd_idmap.tdb in winbindd (both 2.2 and 3.0).
2. It would be good to see default domain added. I have patch for
SAMBA_2_2 branch which works but needs yet more testing.
3. Support for CP1251 encoding on unix side. This will allow to support
Bulgarian, Belarussian, and variants of Russian and Ukrainian locales with
CP1251. (Patch attached, it is against 2.0.7 but cleanly applies and works
with latest 2.2 CVS).
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
$ cat /proc/identity >~/.signature