[patch] alpha_strcpy for HEAD

Ihar Viarheichyk i.viarheichyk at sam-solutions.net
Fri Jan 18 01:15:03 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 09:09:06AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> What problem is this patch intended to solve?
>
> See my recent samba-technical post on my I think that this is a bad idea
> - the problem should be solved by certifying certain code-paths as
> 'stange char safe' rather than changing the definition of 'strange
> char'.

Current version of alpha_strcpy does not allow use non-ascii usernames,
it replaces them with "___". I don't see better way to solve this
problem than extend 'valid symbols' definition, as usernames are used in
%U substitutions (so this is surely not 'strange char safe' code path).

This patch just allow consider _all_ letters (including multibute ones
in e.g. UTF-8) as valid symbols.

--
Igor Vergeichik
ICQ 47298730